Now Playing

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Wolvieware on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I have a nice, free Saturday evening to just chill out, and while I could have sat down for many hours of play of Unity, I decided to treat myself, and experience something new and different, and have chosen The Swapper. So far, it's pretty good. I like the 2D style, and the atmosphere is really good. There's a sense of mystery and discovery I like, and puzzles have been nicely simple so far. I bet they get harder though, and I'll start turning towards a guide...

_________________
avatar
Wolvieware

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 33
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Moozo on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 pm

sorenlorensen wrote:I bought the PS4 version of Tomb Raider and have turned away from the charms of Unity and FC4 to give it a go. I'd completed the 360 version a couple of years ago, so it's nothing new but playing it again reminds me how good a game it is. And the PS4 version is very very pretty to look at (not that the 360 was an ugly beast).

Really enjoyed that on 360. I've thought about getting the Definitive Edition on PS4 but I want to play the sequel which I'll have to get on 360 due to the exclusivity deal, so I don't want to feel like that's lacking having played a next gen version.
avatar
Moozo

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by MarkySharky on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 pm

You've got a PS4 right Moozo? Why not wait until the PS4 version is released?

I won't ever buy an old gen version of a new release. What a waste of time knowing there is a superior version available.
avatar
MarkySharky

Posts : 449
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 36
Location : Surrey

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by sorenlorensen on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:14 pm

I'd forgotten about the exclusivity deal. It'll be timed though and there's plenty of other stuff to be getting on with. Mind you, maybe it'll be the game that pushes me into getting an X1? Though not if the comparisons between PS4/X1 Tomb Raider are anything to go buy.

The further we get into this gen, the less resource will be ploughed into last gen cross platform releases.

_________________
avatar
sorenlorensen

Posts : 353
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:21 am

Wolvieware wrote:I have a nice, free Saturday evening to just chill out, and while I could have sat down for many hours of play of Unity, I decided to treat myself, and experience something new and different, and have chosen The Swapper. So far, it's pretty good. I like the 2D style, and the atmosphere is really good. There's a sense of mystery and discovery I like, and puzzles have been nicely simple so far. I bet they get harder though, and I'll start turning towards a guide...


Trust me Wolvie they do get harder, some will have you saying how the fuck do I solve this!!?? I had to use a guide myself for some of them, and the solution is usually so obvious you'll be saying how didn't I see that in the first place!?  scratch

_________________
 
avatar
megablast16

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-08-16
Location : Stourbridge, West Midlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Wolvieware on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:46 am

Spurred on by my playing and completion of The Swapper, I thought I would start another PSN game I've got but not tried on my hard drive - Daylight. I recall being interested in this around the time of Outlast came out, and that Daylight sounded like the more interesting one of the two very similar titles. Having now started, I can't believe how wrong I was. It's terrible. It starts off with the worst loading screen in living memory, followed by no real explanation of anything which makes me feel the story will be poor, and the game is so dark, you cannot see more than 2 feet ahead of you. This constant darkness is not scary. It is annoying. You can't see where to go, what to do, and any hint of design of the building is lost, making it a very boring location to walk around. I think I'm in an asylum. One of the interesting things, I originally thought, was that it is a procedurally generated game, but in others words, I think that means bland level design repeated ad naseum. I'll stick with it a bit longer.

_________________
avatar
Wolvieware

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 33
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Moozo on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:57 pm

MarkySharky wrote:You've got a PS4 right Moozo? Why not wait until the PS4 version is released?

I won't ever buy an old gen version of a new release. What a waste of time knowing there is a superior version available.

Yes, but I really loved Tomb Raider so much that I want the sequel as soon as possible, dammit!

It was still a very pretty game on the old hardware. Unless the performance is cripplingly bad - or we get news to say it'll only be something like 3 months behind on PS4 - then I probably won't wait
avatar
Moozo

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by sorenlorensen on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 am

I bought Majora's Mask on Froday and put a few hours in over the weekend. Great game, once you settle in to its 3-day cycle. I found I could still remember some of the lay out of Clock Town without a map, despite not having played it for 15 years!

_________________
avatar
sorenlorensen

Posts : 353
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by cal_el on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Rather enjoying The Order: 1886 I think the reviews are overly harsh. If you enjoy cinematic style games then it is worth a look.

_________________
BioWare bummer of the year 2014

My opinions are my own and do not represent SCEE or its employees.
avatar
cal_el
Admin

Posts : 987
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 30
Location : Bishop's Stortford

View user profile http://www.thecheckpoint.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by MarkySharky on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 pm

cal_el wrote:Rather enjoying The Order: 1886 I think the reviews are overly harsh. If you enjoy cinematic style games then it is worth a look.
Problem is Cal, you don't dislike anything!  Razz
avatar
MarkySharky

Posts : 449
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 36
Location : Surrey

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:57 am

cal_el wrote:Rather enjoying The Order: 1886 I think the reviews are overly harsh. If you enjoy cinematic style games then it is worth a look.


A buddy of mine got it on Friday, he said it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews have made out but not that great either, he did say it was the best looking game he's played on PS4 so far though. He reckons he'll have the Platinum by the end of the weekend and has promised I can borrow it, so I can make my own mind up.

_________________
 
avatar
megablast16

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-08-16
Location : Stourbridge, West Midlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by cal_el on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:49 pm

MarkySharky wrote:
cal_el wrote:Rather enjoying The Order: 1886 I think the reviews are overly harsh. If you enjoy cinematic style games then it is worth a look.
Problem is Cal, you don't dislike anything!  Razz
I dislike somethings. I just know what I like when it comes to games Wink

_________________
BioWare bummer of the year 2014

My opinions are my own and do not represent SCEE or its employees.
avatar
cal_el
Admin

Posts : 987
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 30
Location : Bishop's Stortford

View user profile http://www.thecheckpoint.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by dste01 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Had a quick go on Donkey Kong on GBA, best go was when I got to the third screen.
avatar
dste01

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-08-15
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 am

Borrowed a copy of The Order yesterday, it's pretty good and not the disaster some reviews would have you believe. It also looks amazing, the best looking PS4 game I've played to date, although I'd have preferred full screen to the extreme widescreen ratio it's displayed in. The gunplay is solid and enjoyable too, and music and voice acting is top quality. It's also arrived in full working order, no bugs or glitches that I've seen and no huge day one patch required, a rarity these days.

It's very linear and cinematic though, with lots of gameplay interrupting cut scenes, so I can see how some people wouldn't like it at all, it's also pretty easy - playing on medium I've already got 40% of the Trophies after just three chapters, and it was a mistake not to provide a Trophy for beating it on hard, so criticisms of length and especially replayability are valid. Although having borrowed it of course that's not an issue with me personally.

As I said I've only played three chapters, I'm enjoying it so far but I'd say it's a good but not great game. Probably treated a bit unfairly by the reviewers though as they seemed to obsess over it's weakness's and didn't give any credit for what it does well, and it does plenty well.

_________________
 
avatar
megablast16

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-08-16
Location : Stourbridge, West Midlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by cal_el on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 am

megablast16 wrote:Borrowed a copy of The Order yesterday, it's pretty good and not the disaster some reviews would have you believe. It also looks amazing, the best looking PS4 game I've played to date, although I'd have preferred full screen to the extreme widescreen ratio it's displayed in. The gunplay is solid and enjoyable too, and music and voice acting is top quality. It's also arrived in full working order, no bugs or glitches that I've seen and no huge day one patch required, a rarity these days.

It's very linear and cinematic though, with lots of gameplay interrupting cut scenes, so I can see how some people wouldn't like it at all, it's also pretty easy - playing on medium I've already got 40% of the Trophies after just three chapters, and it was a mistake not to provide a Trophy for beating it on hard, so criticisms of length and especially replayability are valid. Although having borrowed it of course that's not an issue with me personally.

As I said I've only played three chapters, I'm enjoying it so far but I'd say it's a good but not great game. Probably treated a bit unfairly by the reviewers though as they seemed to obsess over it's weakness's and didn't give any credit for what it does well, and it does plenty well.
You can get all the trophies in one play through if you keep your eye open unlike me (still three to go!). Which has sadly added to the negativity because according to many a game isn't worth playing anymore once you have unlocked that Platinum Trophy or final Achievement Rolling Eyes

_________________
BioWare bummer of the year 2014

My opinions are my own and do not represent SCEE or its employees.
avatar
cal_el
Admin

Posts : 987
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 30
Location : Bishop's Stortford

View user profile http://www.thecheckpoint.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 pm

You may be right, just finished Chapter 5 of 16 and I've now got 12/22 Trophies. They're all either silver or gold as well and no bronze, which is unusual.

_________________
 
avatar
megablast16

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-08-16
Location : Stourbridge, West Midlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by megablast16 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Playing Valiant Hearts, one of the PS+ games for March, and it's actually pretty good. For me that's the best thing about PS+, it introduces me to some good games I'd probably never buy normally. Apotheon was another one last month.

_________________
 
avatar
megablast16

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-08-16
Location : Stourbridge, West Midlands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by sorenlorensen on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Olliolli2 seems good so far. Another good PS+ game.

_________________
avatar
sorenlorensen

Posts : 353
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by MarkySharky on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Curing my single player gaming slump but finally making a start on the Metal Gear Legacy Collection I've had sitting around for quite a while now. 

Currently playing my way through MGS on the Vita. So many great memories.
avatar
MarkySharky

Posts : 449
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 36
Location : Surrey

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by cal_el on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 am

MarkySharky wrote:Curing my single player gaming slump but finally making a start on the Metal Gear Legacy Collection I've had sitting around for quite a while now. 

Currently playing my way through MGS on the Vita. So many great memories.
Probably my fave PSone game! It blew my mind when it first came out Smile

_________________
BioWare bummer of the year 2014

My opinions are my own and do not represent SCEE or its employees.
avatar
cal_el
Admin

Posts : 987
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 30
Location : Bishop's Stortford

View user profile http://www.thecheckpoint.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by dste01 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Started Lost Magic on the DS.

Seems alright so far.
avatar
dste01

Posts : 665
Join date : 2014-08-15
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by sorenlorensen on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:03 pm

dste01 wrote:Started Lost Magic on the DS.

Seems alright so far.
I had that - could never really get on with it.

_________________
avatar
sorenlorensen

Posts : 353
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by kerr9000 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I had it, sold it for a profit and then brought it again years latter .... havent touched it since rebuying it... I remember it being one of the first games of its type on the system so it was a like it or lump it sort of situation  lol
avatar
kerr9000

Posts : 685
Join date : 2014-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by aaroncupboard on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Enjoying both OliOli 2 and Counterspy at the moment. Both fairly addictive with nice mechanics. Now that I know how to manual in OliOli, the game has certainly opened up-clicked if you will.

Also trying to get through Dragon Age but having to slog a bit in order to get enough power.

_________________
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
avatar
aaroncupboard

Posts : 146
Join date : 2014-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by MarkySharky on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:05 pm

I've kinda given up on DAI. I love it but it's so huge...
avatar
MarkySharky

Posts : 449
Join date : 2014-08-14
Age : 36
Location : Surrey

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuM5NwBf4saIZKIJVsVTrA

Back to top Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum